Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Becoming.

Do you want to know what I've decided?

I've decided that somehow in the big scheme of things, my life matters. And, what I do with my life matters. No, I doesn't matter to everyone, but it will matter to someone. Maybe even a handful of someones. 

And you want to know what else?

I have a Heavenly Father who knows my whereabouts. What I'm feeling, thinking, doing and all the intentions of my heart. Righteous or otherwise.

And He cares. He cares about you, and me. And, I'm thankful. I'm thankful that He has a plan for my life. I'm thankful that He's the one in my driver's seat. I'm thankful that I'm not in charge. 

Catch the vision.
 You know where you are. And so does our Heavenly Father. He is watching out for you. He knows your potential. He knows what your feeling, thinking, and doing. He knows every intent of your heart. He knows where you can be, and what you can become.  

"In our customary Church vocabulary, we often speak of going to church, going to the temple. and going on a mission. Let me be so bold as to suggest that our rather routine emphasis on going misses the mark. The issue is not going to church; rather, the issue is worshiping and renewing covenants as we attend church. The issue is not going to or through the temple' rather , the issure is having in our hearts the spirit, the covenants, and the ordinances of the Lord' house. The issue is not going on a mission' rather, the issue is becoming a missionary and serving throughout the rest of our life with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength."
~David A. Bednar
D&C 4:2
Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Heart: Love unconditionally. Be positive
Might: Live the commandments. Be committed. 
Mind:  Actively engaged.
Strength: Perseverance with immense selflessness and love.
Working like everything depends on you, and praying like everything depends on God. 
He Loves you.

1 comment:

  1. I have just read your last few posts - all wonderful. I really appreciate the quotes you are sharing, the ideas, and the insights. It is so fun to hear about those things that are important to you and the wonderful young woman that you are. You have a beautiful way with words. I'm very grateful that you would share in this way. I feel privileged to be your aunt. ;-)

    ReplyDelete